Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Art


After returning from playing at the park, I noticed Henry working feverishing on something at the school table. A bit later he came up to me, showed me this picture and asked if it made me feel happy. I wasn't quite sure how to respond, but said yeah and asked if it made him feel happy.

He said he was happy and he wanted to draw his happiness on paper so he could remember it. He said when he looks at this it makes his stomach feel funny, but in a good way. He found himself a notebook to store it with plans to pull it out when he is not happy to see if it makes him happy. That makes him an artist with a scientific experiment, I suppose.

Now, personally, I don't get this at all. There's not much artist in me and feelings don't come in colors in my world, but I have a guess that Henry will be exposing me to all sorts of new things in the coming years. Sounds like the Lord knows just what I need.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh I SOOOOO get this! I am a very visual person and see all things in vibrant colors! Our artist girl does similar things but isn't quite so scientific about it! :) Let Henry know his picture makes me happy! God is so kind to give us such creative children.

    ReplyDelete