Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lake Henry

My grandfather (Oupa) built a cabin in the Poconos on Lake Henry when my Dad was a kid. The family used it for vacations then Oupa & Ouma lived there during their retirement. As a kid I went to the cabin many times, especially for family reunions and to visit cousins. My aunt and uncle now live at the cabin and graciously welcomed us for a visit.



The kids took rides in a rowboat and canoe to see islands and turtles. I definitely remember feeling choked by those life preservers and the pride of rowing myself. We had some good weather between thunderstorms so that the kids could go swimming in the lake- a first for them. They were a bit concerned to be in the water with all the fish that they fed off the dock but that didn't stop them.


They did catch some of those fish - gratefully no people were hooked in the process. Eric was the busiest of all putting worms on and taking fish off. He showed them how to clean one of the sunfish- they were shocked.

And of course we also played in the woods, built a fire, saw some wildlife and got very dirty. The kids were asking to come back before we even began to leave- brought back memories of crying myself at the end of each trip to the lake.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! This looks like a child's fantasy land!!! How fun!! I am so thrilled to see how many memories you are making as a family, Kirsi! The Lord is so kind to give you this time!

    ReplyDelete