Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday Carson!


Carson turned 8 years old on June 25th. He had been thinking long and hard about how to celebrate it and was very eager for the big day. In bed one night last week, he told me he'd like a civil war birthday. (I assume this was suggested to him by a recent trip to a Civil War enactment with Dad & Gramps). Since I couldn't find any "Happy Civil War Birthday" balloons, Eric built long rifles with the kids as part of Carson's birthday gifts (with dowels, 2x4's, and Gramps old belts). The boys got to paint them and played yankees vs rebels at my aunt & uncle's cabin in the Poconos (more photos of that to come)...

Happy Birthday Carson! We love you very much! You are kind and intense and love to do the right thing. Thanks for being a leader, a helper and a great big brother! We are excited to see how the Lord uses you and grows you up to a man of God!





2 comments:

  1. oh man! The first Turbo kids bday I missed!!! Please tell Carson Happy Belated Birthday for me! And that although I don't see him very often, he's a special guy in my book! (I often look at pictures of fun times we've shared and I'm quickly smiling...). Happy Birthday, Carson!! Here's a big hug from Ms. Goins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 8th Birthday Carson! Hope you had a good birthday! I hope you had a fun time making your gun. Did you win the war? What are you eating? I saw a turkey vulture eating a dead bunny on the ground. Joshua wants to know if you have seen any cardinals. How long are you in Pennsylvania? See you later!

    ReplyDelete